Gateway Terminal Details
400 Waterfront St. New Haven, CT 06512
Gateway Terminal is centrally located in Connecticut’s New Haven Harbor approximately 80 miles Northeast of New York City and 135 miles Southwest of Boston, MA.
- Dry Bulk
- Liquid Bulk
- Truck: Gateway owns and operates every type of truck needed to move every commodity we handle on and off dock
- Marine: Gateway owns and operates a fleet of seven Jones Act tugs and barges
- Rail: Gateway owns and operates its own rail yard, connecting to Genessee & Wyoming’s Providence & Worcester railroad, and offers the State of Connecticut’s only intermodal rail facility
- Foreign Trade Zone
- 750′ by 60′ concrete finger pier
- Two 300′ separate docks and a 225′ wharf
- 60 acres of land available
- Over 200,000 sq. ft. of covered storage
- 650,000 barrel tank farm capacity
- 5 working, state certified truck scales
- Intermodal Transloading
- Marine transportation and towing
- Inside storage
- Blending, heating, sparging and circulation
Our inventory exceeds 150 pieces of rolling stock, i.e., trucks, skidsteers, excavators, cranes, material rehandlers, portable hoppers, fork trucks, tugs, deck barges, hopper barges, crane barges, dozers, and loaders.
With our on site maintenance facility, our professionally trained and certified mechanical staff ensures our equipment is in top working condition both on dock and off dock to guarantee maximum efficiency and 100% safe utilization at all times. Gateway provides an array of equipment that includes high-speed shore-side gantry cranes with 57-ton capacity, as well as numerous material handling equipment to handle any of your bulk or breakbulk needs.
Meet the Team
Meet the Gateway Leadership Team, leading New Haven and New London to success.
Environment & Safety
The Gateway Environmental, Safety, and Quality Assurance Management Systems are integral to operating excellence and customer satisfaction.